Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 1! Getting started.

I woke up today feeling ready for the challenge and now I am sitting here a little freaked out. I weighed in this morning and I am embarrassed at what I saw. My heaviest weight was 220ish. I can not be sure if that was the heaviest because at that time I was in a pretty bad spot and was obviously not on the scale everyday. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship with a man who was doing some pretty nasty things behind my back. But this is not about him, this is about me.  Damn it!

Last year when I started weight watchers I weighed in at 214.6 and when I stopped going to the meetings I weighed 180 (-34lbs) Today I weigh 192, I can't believe I just told you that..whewwwww that is a lot for me. But this is why I am doing this. I am being honest with myself and all of you for the first time in my life and this accountability to myself is a feeling like I have never had before. I am embarrassed of my weight, but for the first time I am at peace with myself and have this "gut" feeling that I am going to do this! So lets do it!

For all of you who are following along with the program here is the breakdown. I am doing the 2010 weight watchers because it worked in the past and honestly I can not afford to join again right now. I have all the 2010 books so thats what I am going to use. Weight watchers is based on points and you get a certain number of points based on a magic number that weight watchers gives you.
1. Take the first two digits of your weight in pounds                    19
2. male(8) female(2) WTF                                                              2
3. Age, im in a new category (27-37)                                             3
4. Height 5'8                                                                                   1
5. Daily activity  (server, walking around the city)                         3
6.Nursing mom, umm no                                                                0

Total points                                                                                  28

I get 28 points a day, roughly 50 cals per point so roughly 1400 cals a day. Also weight watchers gives you an extra 35 points a week to do whatever you want with. I call those bad day points. =)
Weight watchers also likes to set goals, first being losing 5%.
Current weight                                                                           192
Cross off the last number                                                            19
What remains is 10% of starting weight                                      19
Divide in half for 5%                                                                  9.5 lbs

Long term goal weight goal                                                     150 (-42 lbs)
I got this number based on a chart saying that if you are 5'8 you should weigh between 137 and 164. My challenge is to be in a bikini in 50 days not loss 42 lbs so I am not going to let that number get me down. And that would be almost a pound a day, crazier things have happened.

My workout today: Exercise TV on Demand. Yoga Works Begin. 58 min Runtime. Introduction to the practice of yoga.
Review: It was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, I didn't even break a sweat. But, it was very informative if you are brand new to the practice. It was also I great stretch for my body and will do it again when my body needs a "day off". Tomorrow I will try something a little harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment